This is my crocheted letter "A". It completed my USA bobble patterns. The instructions are below. I used worsted weight yarn by Red Heart.
You can either copy and paste the pattern below to keep it, or you can download then at http://www.mediafire.com/?2wm2is4b5b6k67u
If you want the other Bobble letters follow the appropriate links below.Letter S:
Yarn: Red Heart
Hook Size: I
Crochet Stitches: Half Double Crochets and Bobble
HOW TO MAKE A CROCHET BOBBLE
- YO, insert hook into next stitch, pull through, YO, Pull through 2 loops
- YO, insert hook (in same stitch), YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through two loops (3 loops on hook)
- YO, insert hook (in same stitch), YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through two loops (4 loops on hook)
- YO, insert hook (in same stitch), YO, pull up a loop, YO, pull through two loops
- YO pull through all 5 loops
* * = Repeat the instructions between them
Notes: The chain 2 does NOT count as first stitch.
**Also, I didn't write this in but I do a Single Crochet after each Bobble because it makes it stick out more. It's up to you. And, if you've never done a Bobble it will stick out on the opposite side that you're working on.
Row 1: go into the 3rd chain from hook and do 1 HDC, then do 1HDC in each stitch to end of row, chain 2 and turn (16 hdc's)
Rows 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22: Do 1 HDC in each stitch across the row, chain 2 and turn.
Rows 4, 6, 8, 10, 14, 16, 18: Do 1 HDC in each of the first 3 stitches, Do 1 Bobble next stitch, do 1 HDC in each of the next 9 stitches, Do 1 Bobble in the next stitch, Do 1 HDC in each of the last 2 stitches.
Rows 12, 20: Chain 2, Do 1 Hdc in each of the first 3 stitches, *Do 1 Bobble next stitch, Do 1 Hdc in the next stitch* Repeat * to *, end with 1 Hdc in each of the last 2 stitches.
Cut off a long tail so you can weave the ends in really really well.
Thanks so much for stopping by!