Saturday, October 19, 2019

Thistle Cluster Crochet Throw Blanket


using True Blue Red Heart yarn





Pattern Update April 6, 2020

Welcome to my site! This is my 5th Red Heart Ombre Crochet Blanket. I can't stop using their beautiful yarns. They can be seen below the pattern. This color is called "True Blue" and combined with the Thistle Stitch pattern it makes for a beautiful throw blanket. I decided to end the blanket at 60 inches but there was enough yarn for a couple more inches. So each skein got me right about 20 inches.



Chain 126 or a multiple of 4 plus 2

Size: 33 inches wide by 60 inches tall

Yarn: 3 Skeins, Red Heart Ombre Yarn, "True Blue"

Rows : 84
Hook size: I

Abbreviations: 
Cluster (dc2tog cluster):
YO, Insert Hook into stitch, YO, Pull through, YO pull through 2 loops only (2 left on hook)
YO, Insert Hook into same stitch, YO, Pull through, YO pull through 2 loops, YO pull through all 3 loops.


CL-V = (2dc Cluster, ch2, 2dc Cluster) 
DC = Double Crochet
SC = Single Crochet
ch = chain
* = repeat the instructions between the asterisks 
TCH = The turning chain

See below next picture for pattern

Row 1: 4sc, *ch1, skip 1, 3sc* end w 4sc 

Row 2: ch3 (is always the 1st dc) skip the base of the ch3 and next sc, Do 1CL-Vst in next sc. You will be doing a CL-Vst in each middle SC across the row, to do that do: *[Skip the next sc, next ch1 space and the next sc], then do 1CL-Vst in next sc* Repeat the instructions between the asterisks and when 2 stitches are left do 1DC in the last.


Row 3: ch3, do 3dc in each ch2sp across the row. 1DC in TCH. 

Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for the rest of the blanket


My other Ombre Blanket Patterns

Ombre Baby Blanket










using Scuba red heart ombre yarn







Thanks for visiting, 
Heather's Crochet Designs
https://www.etsy.com/shop/HeathersHomeCrafts



2 comments:

  1. Wow. Those are beautiful. The only red heart I've used is super saver, I live in the UK and my mam ordered it, and I wasn't sure it was nice enough for a blanket but I am tempted to give this a go xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Crochet Blankets! I am fond of throw blanket & love collecting them. All the patterns & colors of crochet blankets mentioned in this blog are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...