Sunday, August 11, 2019

Modified Silt Stitch Crochet Baby Blanket

A beginner pattern


I found this beautiful stitch pattern on Pinterest. It was created by the Unraveled Mitten at this website. I'm addicted to these Ombre Yarns by Red Heart so I have been putting many to good use!

The texture is created by doing a row of Double Crochets on the even numbered rows. Complete pattern is below.

 A beginner pattern


I used Red Heart Supersaver Ombre Yarn. It's quite soft for Red Heart so I thought I would use it for a baby blanket. My gauge was off quite a bit. I wanted to make it 36 inches square but it ended up larger than that. I ended the blanket when I used up the second skein so it is only 32 inches tall.



My other Blankets using Ombre yarns:





A beginner pattern

Chained: 129 or a multiple of 3
Size: 42 by 31 inches
Rows: 51
Gauge: 3.07 sts and 1.6 rows per inch
Yarn: Red Heart Supersaver Ombre yarn "Scuba"
         each Skein contains 482 yrds. Used 964 yards. (2 Skeins) 
Hook: I/5.50mm Gauge: 3.07 sts per inch and 1.6 rows per inch
Abbreviations:
          SC = Single Crochet
          DC = Double Crochet
          ch = chain * = repeat instruction between them

PATTERN
Row 1: In the 4th chain from the hook do 1DC. Do 1DC in each chain across the row (126 DC's)
Row 2: Ch1 , Do (1SC, 2DC) in base of ch1, Skip 2 *(SC, 2DC) in the next stitch, Skip 2*
Repeat doing 1SC in last stitch.

Row 3: Ch3 (first DC) , 1DC in back loops of each stitch across the row  (126 DC's)

I hope you give it a try

Thanks for visiting today!
Heather


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...