Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Granny Stripe Scarf Crochet Pattern + Video







This is my Granny Square Inspired Crochet Scarf. I'm so glad I made this because it is definitely my favorite. It's thick and warm and soft thanks to Caron 1 pound yarn.

This scarf is made by grouping several Double Crochets in each "space". This would be a great scarf, or stitch pattern, for a beginner because you're into the "spaces" not an actual stitch, except for the turning chain. There information about Turning Chains if you're a beginner.

Check out the video I made for it by clicking here
Stitches: Single Crochet (row 1), Double Crochet (every row after)
Gauge: 3.2 sts per inch and 0.7 rows per inch
Chain 26, Take away or add in multiples of 3
Hook Size: I
Yarn: Caron one pound, Cream
       
Length: 8.5 inches by 60 inches long
Rows: 96 including a last row of Single Crochets (optional)

Abbreviations:
TCH – Turning Chain
Space- The space between groups of 3dc's
* - Repeat instructions between them


PATTERN: (corrections on row 4 fixed 10/27/2013)
Row 1: Do 1SC in the 2nd chain from the hook and in each chain across the row. (25 sc)

Row 2: ch3, 1DC in same space as the base of ch3, *skip 2SC, 3DC in next SC* rep end with Skip 2SC, 2DC in the last SC  (7 dc groups)

Row 3: ch3, 3DC into next space and in each space across the row end with 1DC into TCH (8 groups)

Row 4: ch3, 1DC same space as the base of ch3, *3DC into next space*, 1DC into TCH (7 dc groups)

Repeat rows 3 and 4

I did a row of Single Crochets for the last row. 


For more scarf patterns go here



Thanks for stopping by!

Heather



3 comments:

  1. Hi,

    Was wondering if I wanted to change your scarfs into strips for a blanket, how would I do this? What multiple of stitches would I need to make scarf bigger for example, and what join would you do, to join them together.

    Sorry for so many questions and thank you for your replys.

    Anne.xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anne,
      First, decide the width of the strips then multiply that by the gauge which is 3.2sts (using an I hook). But as the pattern states you have to add or subtract stitches in multiples of 3. Make sure that you use one of those “multiples” after figuring out your gauge. You may have to add or subtract a couple stitches.

      In regards to sewing I also make strips (in my patterns I call them columns) then sew them side by side. Instructions can be found in my other patterns. One is http://crochetpatterns09.blogspot.com/2011/06/6-column-seed-stitch-crochet-blanket.html which uses an invisible sewing technique. This next link uses a Single Crochet which is visible http://crochetpatterns09.blogspot.com/2013/02/modern-granny-square-blanket.html

      Let me know if you need anything else.
      Heather

      Delete
  2. Hi Heather, Love this scarf pattern. I am visiting from Julie's post sharing this pattern for a scarf.
    Enjoyed my visit here and seeing your lovely and talented designs.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs, CM

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...