Monday, August 26, 2019

Modified Crunch Shell Ombre Crochet Baby Blanket








 Isn't this yarn gorgeous!!!!!


                                                                           




This is my fourth Ombre blanket and there may be more to come. They are called Red Heart Super Saver Ombre and this specific one is named "Anemone".


My other ombre blankets can be seen below this pattern.

I used a my Crunch Shell Stitch pattern and added a row of Double Crochets (back loop only) to add some texture. An idea I got from this website. I added the DC's every few rows and it really delivered on a beautiful pattern.


DETAILS:
Chain: 120 or a multiple of 3
Rows: 63

Size: 38 inches wide and 31 inches tall
Gauge: 3.15 sts per inch and 2 rows per inch
Yarn: Used 2 full skeins of Red Heart Super Saver Ombre, Anemone Each skein is 482 yards. 964 yards needed
Hook Size: I


                

ABBREVIATIONS:
Shell = (sc, hdc, dc) in the same stitch
sc =Single Crochet
hdc = Half Double Crochet
dc = Double Crochet
TCH = turning chain

PATTERN:
Row 1: in the 4th chain from the hook do 1dc (the 3 skipped stitches = first dc). Do 1dc in each chain
Row 2: Ch1, Shell in first stitch, *Skip 2, Shell in next* repeat to last 3 sts then Skip 2, hdc in the TCH
Row 3, 4: same as row 2. You should be doing each shell in each SC of the previous rows Shell stitch.
Row 5: Ch3 (1st DC). Do 1dc in each stitch across the row. 

Repeat 2 thru 5




Take a look at my other Ombre Blankets



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...