Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Crochet Video: How to do the Seed Stitch

Video Crochet Pattern: The Seed Stitch


I have a new video on Youtube called the seed stitch. I have made many items using it. It's one of my favorites especially when changing colors. You can really see the design better. 


Row 1: Do *1SC in second chain from hook, 1DC in next stitch* Repeat across the row

Row 2: chain 1, turn… Skip 1st stitch, *1SC and 1DC in next stitch, skip 1 stitch* repeat across the row


Repeat row 2

Another one of my seed stitch scarf can be found here. Several warm shades of yarn.

Thanks for stopping by!
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Hi Heather, I'm a beginner and I'm confused. In row two the last instruction before the * is "skip 1 stitch." I watched the video and you ended the row with 1 SC and 1 DC in the last stitch of the row. Should the row end with a "skipped" stitch or a 1 SC and 1 DC in the last stitch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      You keep repeating the instructions in between the * and end with a SC and Dc in the last stitch.
      If you need anything else let me know.
      Heather

      Delete
  2. Hey I'm having the hardest time after topaz 62-65 its time to switch to the leaf but there's no 66?? I'm having the hardest time trying to keep the colors proportioned

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, it looks like there was a missing section of rows which are 66-73. The colors go in the same order Topaz, green and tan and this falls in the green (leaf) shade. The lin back to that specific scarf is http://crochetpatterns09.blogspot.com/2010/12/impeccible-seed-stitch-scarf.html

    Thanks for letting me know!!
    Sorry for the confusion.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete