Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pink and White Baby Blanket plus Trim

Baby Blanket all Half Double Crochet Invisible sewing technique


I made this baby blanket for a friend of mine. It's a very basic pattern. I only used Half Double Crochets. It's definetly a pattern a beginner could do. I used a K hook and used a foundation chain of 24. This baby blanket is made up of 12 squares. Each is 9 inches by 9 inches. I made 3 columns and sewed them side by side.  Each column will have 4 squares. Just change colors when you reach the 9 inches.

 I added a very easy crochet trim on this blanket. All you have to do is alternate *1Double Crochet in the next stitch, and 2 Double Crochet in the next st.* Except for the corners do 3 stitches in each one.

                               
Baby Blanket all Half Double Crochet Invisible sewing technique

                               
Thanks
Heather

4 comments:

  1. Pretty and simple, the best way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi
    on the bernat color all hdc lap lanket/
    the 5x3 / isthat 5 across and 3 rws
    ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That post is at http://crochetpatterns09.blogspot.com/2010/05/bernat-color-blocked-all-hdc-lap.html
    I'm not sure what you're asking but as the post says I made 5 columns made up of 3 rectangles. Then sewed the columns side by side. I never make blankets in 1 solid color and this way I can use multiples. I hope that answers your question.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Link to instruction is unavailable.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...