Monday, October 10, 2016

Crochet Video: Openwork Scarf Crochet Pattern


Pin it

This is a great new crochet scarf pattern. It's getting cold out there for most of us. Video included.  The video can be seen at https://youtu.be/Iln2Y5CxGEA

You need an even number of chains to complete the scarf. 


Ch24 
Hook Size: I/9, 5.50 mm, UK5

Gauge
7 1/4 inches wide = 3 1/3 stitches per inch
Chain 24 or any even number

Row 1: do 1 sc in the 2nd chain from the hook and in each chain across the row.(23sc)

Row 2: ch4 (first DC and ch1) (naturally skip the base of the chain 4 then...)
skip the next SC, 1DC in next SC *ch1, skip 1, 1DC in next SC. repeat from the * to the end of the row.

Row 3: ch1, 1SC in 1st DC, 2SC in each chain 1 space across the row 
(that includes that chain space right under where you just did the SC.)
End with 1 SC in the last chain 1space formed by the ch4 from previous row, then do 1SC In the TCH.

Row 4: ch1, do 1SC in each stitch across the row. 

Repeat rows 2-4 for the remainder of your scarf.




3 comments:

  1. I'm finding that many many of these 'teaching videos' do not tell you hovv much yarn you vvill need for the completed project. VVhy is that? thx, k

    ReplyDelete
  2. My most favorite pattern so far! Easy enough for me but not boring just like you said! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, I really loved the pattern. I'm trying to make it for my daughter. I'm a beginner, so it would be great if you can specify the yarn and the no. Of skeins you have used so I can order them. Thanks in advance.
    Aakanksha.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...