Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Bernat Charity Lap Blanket #1


                               


This is a very simple and easy crochet lap blanket/afghan that I made for StillSomeone.org. Bernat Softee Chunky yarn is my favorite because of how soft it is. If you're not a fan of making a blanket as 1 piece this pattern is for you. I made 4 columns made of 5 rectangles. Just change yarns after each rectangle, then sew the columns side by side.

Bernat Softee Chunky yarn used: Grey, Natural, Soft Taupe
Hook Size: K
Chain: 19 at the beginning on each column
Finished Size: 27 inches x 45 inches

Each column is 6 3/4th (6.75) inches wide

Gauge: 4 sts per inch

Pattern:
The beginning chain 2 does not count as the first stitch.
Row 1: do 1 Hdc in the 3rd chain from hook and in each stitch til end of row (17 Hdc)
Row 2: chain 2, turn...do 1 Hdc in each still til end of row (17 Hdc)

Repeat row 2 until you reach 9 inches, or the length you desire, and change yarns for the next rectangle. When you've made three rectangles you can cut the yarn and finish it off. Then start the second column, then the third.

FINISHING:




Thanks!
Heather

6 comments:

  1. Well, it shows a cute little puppy on it, but I think my kitties might just go for it as well. I'll make it and let you know how they liked it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She would NOT get off so I just left her there. I would love to see it. :) thanks!!!

      Delete
    2. I tried to print the pattern, but it wouldn't let me.

      Delete
  2. Your just clicking on print from your computer. It would be a printer problem if it doesn't print. OR you can copy and paste the pattern into a word document, or another program, and see if it works that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the simple but adorable pattern...i can't wait to try it...please how many skeins of bernat softee chunky did you use for a 4 x 5 rectangle afghan?

    ReplyDelete