Saturday, March 14, 2009

"Aspen Print" Seed Stitch


This is a beginner pattern. It's called the Seed stitch. I used Red Heart Aspen Print yarn. It's variegated so it's hard to see the design the stitch make.   I always like to use multiple yarns to see the design better. See photos below.

Also, I have used this stitch to make other items like a blanket and even a scarf




Seed Stitch Blanket pic below.

 Made in columns then sewed together side by side. You can find the pattern at:  http://crochetpatterns09.blogspot.com/2011/06/6-column-seed-stitch-crochet-blanket.html



***********



************

Seed Stitch Video and Scarf - 

http://crochetpatterns09.blogspot.com/2014/05/SeedStitchVideo.html 

***********


Hook size: K
Size: 6 x 9 inches
Stitches Used: Single Crochet and Double Crochet


Seed stitch Pattern: Calls for Multiple of 2 + 1 stitches
Chain 1 does not count as the first stitch. No turning chains since you are starting every row with Single Crochets.

Pattern:
Row 1: do 1 SC in second chain from hook,* 1 DC in next chain, 1 SC in the next chain* Repeat across the row

Row 2: chain 1, turn… skip 1st stitch (normally you don't but for this pattern you have an "empty" stitch every other stitch), *1SC and 1DC in next stitch, skip 1 stitch*    repeat across the row

Repeat row 2


Heather

7 comments:

  1. Where's the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where it says "Download the PDF here"

    ReplyDelete
  3. For a beginner, your instructions are kinda hard to understand. :( Step by step pictures help me more, I'm a visual learner, and the instructions don't give me the information I need to do it myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always write the instructions in the standard crochet terms. It took me a while to learn how everything is written but it's important to know the "language".

      Delete
  4. LOVE this pattern. It's one of my 'go to' patterns if I need a quick birthday gift or something. It IS a very, very easy pattern and you've done a beautiful job of laying it out here. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you for posting the pattern! I've been looking for a stitch for a purse and didn't want to use the standarc SC/DC...using the combo is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this pattern it is so pretty! thank you for taking the time to share this with us

    ReplyDelete